Download App |
Refer a Friend |
Item succesfully added to cart
by Mukund Lath
Publisher: Aditya Prakashan, New Delhi
Price (INR):Rs 600.00
Price (USD): $ 15.00
Written over a period of two decades, these Essays present an important part of the work of Dr. Lath after his, A Study of Dattilam, published in 1978 and now considered a land-mark in musicology. Lath has since widened his interests and .the essays here cover a Large range of subjects, extending beyond Music into Dance and theatre, on which he has written with equal theoretical sensitivity and historical insight. Moreover, as the reader will discover, the range of his concerns has not only widened but also deepened. He asks himself questions that lead beyond the narrow confines of descriptive Musicology into thought in general. This expansion of the field, however, remains true to the spirit of Indian musicology, which, unlike many other disciplines remains Indian. Lath's own thinking is creatively rooted in Indian ideas.
1. The 'Modern', the Traditional' and Criticism in the Indian Musical Tradition
2. Transformation as Creation
3. Ancient Indian Music and the Concept of Man
4. Words and Music
5. Why Study Ancient Musical Texts?
6. Tandu : The First Theoretician of Dance
7. Improvisation in Indian Music
8. Bharata and the Fine Art of Mixing Structures
9. Bharata Muni and Hindi Films
10. Bharata and the Hindi Film Revisited
11. An Enquiry into the Raga-Time Association in the Light of History
12. Some Thoughts on the Early History of Ragamala Paintings
13. Some Reflections on the Vina in Gupta Coinage
14. The Music of Gitagovinda and its Antecedents : Some Historical Observations
15. Music in the Thanamga Sutra
16. The Body as an Instrument A Theoretical Choice Made by Sarngadeva
17. Reflections on the Logos of Music :
i. The Search of the Apauruseya, or Absolute in Music
ii. The Pauruseya Logos, Immanent in Human Seeking
by Alain Danielou,Jean-...
By Alain Danielou,Jean-...
by A.H. Fox-Strangways
By A.H. Fox-Strangways
by R.S. Nagar (ed.)
By R.S. Nagar (ed.)
by Ritvik Sanyal
By Ritvik Sanyal
by Massimo Montarese
By Massimo Montarese
by M.R. Gautam
By M.R. Gautam
by Dr K. Kunjunni Raja ...
By Dr K. Kunjunni Raja ...
by Mary Mathew,Sanjukta...
By Mary Mathew,Sanjukta...
by Piotr Kuhiwczak & Ka...
By Piotr Kuhiwczak & Ka...
by Sourindro Mohun Tago...
By Sourindro Mohun Tago...
by Dr Bimal Roy (Author...
By Dr Bimal Roy (Author...
Don't have an account? REGISTER NOW
Please enter your Email Address to retrieve password
© 2008-2017 BookVistas.com - All Rights Reserved | Design & Developed by K.K.Soft