The reputation of any University is evaluated on the basis of the performance of the university teachers. The performance indicates the quality and number of research projects undertaken, information generated in the form of publication of articles, text book, monographs, submission of papers to seminars and conferences and research guidance. The teacher is the subject of this study. His performance is evaluated on the basis of the factors such as cadre, teaching experience, sex, faculty environment, financial assistance, domestic factors, administrative duties, etc. Further, the study is concentrated on the library use and reading habits related to gathering of information by them in the process of information generation. This study is broadly divided into two parts. The first deals with the theoretical background for the work and the second part with the data analysis. The subject is of vital importance since it exposes the possibilities of library use by the university teachers which influences the teaching and research of the teachers. This ultimately improves the teaching efficiency and research, leading to the excellence of the institution as a seat of higher learning.
List of Tables
List of Figures
List of Abbreviations
Part I. THEORETICAL BACKGROUND :
2. Information and Its Nature
3. Information Generation and the Influencing Factor
4. Information Generation and Academic Community
5. Information Needs and Agencies Used by Academic Community
Part II. DATA DNALYSIS :
6. Information generation by S.V. University Teachers
7. Factors Influencing Information Generation among S.V. University Teachers
8. Agencies of Information Sources Used by the S.V. University Teachers
9. Summary, Conclusions, Findings and Suggestions
|Book :||Information Generation and Library Use by University Teachers|
Book ID :36109
ISBN 13 :9788121204613
Year of Publication :1994
Gyan Books Pvt. Ltd.
Size :15 x 23 Cms.
Weight :1 Kg.