Download App |
Refer a Friend |
Item succesfully added to cart
by K.T.S. Sarao
Publisher: Eastern Book Linkers
Price (INR):Rs 150.00
Price (USD): $ 3.75
The Revolution of 1911 was a major landmark in the History of China. This book studies various aspects of this very event. What were the factors that created the circumstances for the end of the ch'ing rule and the establishment of republican system in China, are dealt with, in great length. The events leading to the final outburst and the evaluation of the Revolution also form an integral part of this book.
Chap. I : BACKGROUND :
1. Impact of the Dynastic Cycle
2. The Impact of West and Japan
4. Economic Decay and Social Unrest
5. Role of the Bourgeoisie
6. Deterioration of the Banner Troops and the Infilteration of Revolutionary Ideas into the New Army
7. The Role of Nationalism
Chap. II : ORIGINS AND THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE REVOLUTIONARY MOVEMENT :
1. Emergence of Sun Yat-sen and His Activities
3. Secret Societies
4. Early Reforms and the Revolutionaries
5. The Revolutionaries and the Students
6. Other Revolutionary Organisations
7. People's Three Principles and the Establishment of T'ung-Meng-Hui
8. Role of the Army
9. Overseas Chinese
10. Some Anti-Manchu Revolts Preceding the Revolution
11. Troubles of the Revolutionaries
12. Deepening of the Crisis of Manchu Measures
Chap. III : PRELUDE TO THE REVOLUTION :
1. The Canton Revolt of April 27, 1911
2. The Railway Crisis
3. The Crisis in Wuhan
4. Significance of Hupei Province
Chap. IV : THE REVOLUTION : 1911-12 :
1. The "Double Ten" Uprising
2. Problems of Leadership and Suspicion
3. Manchu Difficulties and the Rise of Yuan Shi-K'ai
4. The Battle for Wuhan and Revolutionary Politics
5. Revolts in Hunan, Shensi, Shansi and Kwangtung
6. Hunan vs Hupei
7. Organisation of a Central Authority
8. Cease-Fire Organisations and Peace Talks
9. Formation of the Provisional Republican Govt.
10. "Brutus Assumes the Purple"
Chap. V : EVALUATION OF THE REVOLUTION
by Y. Masih
By Y. Masih
by E. Jaiwant Paul
By E. Jaiwant Paul
by Alain Danielou
By Alain Danielou
by K.S. Singh (Ed.)
By K.S. Singh (Ed.)
by Jacques Bidet & Stat...
By Jacques Bidet & Stat...
by Alka Chattopadhyaya,...
By Alka Chattopadhyaya,...
by Hukam Chand
By Hukam Chand
by M.S. Purnalingham Pi...
By M.S. Purnalingham Pi...
by Louis Rousselet (Aut...
By Louis Rousselet (Aut...
by Aime Cesaire
By Aime Cesaire
by A.H. Longhurst
By A.H. Longhurst
by Upinder Singh
By Upinder Singh
Don't have an account? REGISTER NOW
Please enter your Email Address to retrieve password
© 2008-2017 BookVistas.com - All Rights Reserved | Design & Developed by K.K.Soft