Refer a Friend |
Item succesfully added to cart
by Wim Swann
Publisher: Global Vision Publishing House
Price (INR):Rs 3000.00
Price (USD): $ 75.00
The book entitled 21st Century China: View and Vision is an up-to-date and comprehensive study covering the whole spectrum of socio-political, economic and cultural tradition and transformation of China in the new millennium. The author has thoroughly investigated the various aspects of the Chinese life, their traditions and process of reformation in ten chapters. In the very first chapter, author has described introductory overview and demographic features have been described in second chapter. Third chapter deals with Chinese social system and economic tradition, transition and transformation in fourth chapter. Fifth chapter investigates structure and function of government and politics, however, foreign policy is discussed in sixth chapter. Development of science and technology is described in seventh chapter, however, eighth chapter deals with the process of modernisation of national security system. Ninth chapter describes education, culture and religion and historical development has been critically examined in the last chapter of this book. This book would be a valuable asset for the reader to get the comprehensive knowledge about contemporary China and its people. Enlightening feedback and suggestions are solicited.
2 The Land and the People
• Physical Environment • Boundaries • Terrain and Drainage • Rivers • Climate • Wildlife • Environmental Issues • Population • Density and Distribution • Urbanisation • Ethnic Groups • Minority Nationalities • Languages • Labour Force • Health Care • Facts and Figures
3 The Social System
• Ethnic Boundaries • Han Diversity and Unity • Traditional Society and Culture • Social Change • Social Differentiation • Common Patterns • Rural Society • Urban Society • Women Position • Sexuality • Religion • Trends of Transformations
4 Economic Tradition, Transition and Transformation
• Nature of the Economy • Economic Policies, 1949-80 • Structure and Operation • Prices • Living Standards • Potential for Achieving National Goals • Agriculture: Policy, Production and Marketing • Resources Endowment • Increase in Outputs of Main Farm Products (Unit: 10,000 tons) • Agricultural Policies • Planning and Organisation • Operational Methods and Inputs • Production and Promotion • Agricultural Trade • Industrial Production and Promotion • Trends in Industrial Production • Industrial Structure • Geographic Distribution of Industry • Level of Technology • Supplies of Industrial Resources • Manufacturing • Construction • Mining • Energy • Communications Industry • Service Industry • Rural Industry • Defense Industry • Automobile Industry • Industrial Output • Labour and Welfare • Facts and Figures • Macro Economic Trends • Agricultural Production • Increases in Output of Major Industrial Products
5 Party, Government and Politics
• Chinese Communist Party • The Government • The Media • Political Realignments at the Party Centre • The First Wave of Reform, 1979-84 • The Second Wave of Reform, 1984-86 The Third Wave of Reform, Beginning in 1986 • The Politics of Modernisation • Marxism-Leninism-Mao Zedong Thought Re-Thought • The Political Process • Political Realignments at the Party Centre • The First Wave of Reform, 1979-84 • The Second Wave of Reform, 1984-86 • The Third Wave of Reform • The Politics of Modernisation • Marxism-Leninism-Maoism: Thought and Re-Thought • The Legal System • Court Structure and Process • Law Enforcement • The Penal System
6 Foreign Policy
• Evolution of Foreign Policy • China’s Bilateral Relations • Sino-Combodia Relations • Sino-Indian Relations • Sino-Indonesia Relations • Sino-Iran Relations • Sino-Israel Relations • Sino-Kazakhstan Relations • Sino-Mongolia Relations • Sino-New Zealand Relations • Sino-Vietnam Relations • Sino-Soviet Relations • Sino-American Relations • China’s Role in International Organisations • Facts and Figures
7 Science and Technology
• Scientific Research System • Historical Overview • Science and Technology in the 1980s • The Reform Programme • Technology Transfer • Development of Scientific and Technological Research • Research Areas
8 Modernisation of National Security System
• Historical Development • Military Modernisation • Military Organisation • Military Intelligence • Doctrine, Strategy, and Tactics • Education and Training • Personnel • Defense Industry and the Economic Role of the People’s Liberation Army • Perception of Threat • Foreign Military Cooperation • Force Structure • Facts and Figures • Budget comparison (Absolute expenditures in USD for 2004-2007) • Relative expenditures as percentage of GDP
9 Education, Culture and Religion
• Historical Overview • Expanding of Educational Horizons • Education Policy • The Education System • Teachers • Adult and Online Education • Policy Towards Intellectuals • Culture and the Arts • Religion • Facts and Figures
10 Historical Development
• Ancient China • The Imperial Era • Emergence of Modern China • Republican China • The People’s Republic of China • Recent Trends in the Study of Chinese History
by M.C. Shukla,S. C. Gu...
By M.C. Shukla,S. C. Gu...
by Clyde Bedell
By Clyde Bedell
by Reji Ismail
By Reji Ismail
by Ranjit Singh
By Ranjit Singh
by Shubhra Mangal,S.K. ...
By Shubhra Mangal,S.K. ...
by Simon Timms,James Ch...
By Simon Timms,James Ch...
by Dhruba Charan Dash
By Dhruba Charan Dash
by Marco Russo,Alberto ...
By Marco Russo,Alberto ...
by E.H. McGrath,S.J.
By E.H. McGrath,S.J.
by Seth Allcorn
By Seth Allcorn
by Patria de Lancer Jul...
By Patria de Lancer Jul...
by Amitai Etzioni
By Amitai Etzioni
Don't have an account? REGISTER NOW
Please enter your Email Address to retrieve password
© 2008-2019 BookVistas.com - All rights reserved | Designed by K.K.Soft