Refer a Friend |
Item succesfully added to cart
by Sameer Kochhar & M. Ramachandran (Eds)
Publisher: Academic Foundation
Price (INR):Rs 995.00
Price (USD): $ 24.88
Putting the right Infrastructure is critical to India’s plans for inclusive growth. Increasingly, responsibilities for infrastructure development will be decentralized to the local governments, whether Rural or urban. There is now an increasingly urgent need for large-scale Environmental improvement programmes and for strengthening governance and the capacity of local Institutions to plan, implement, and Finance infrastructure provision and service delivery.
Building from the Bottom : Infrastructure and Poverty Alleviation provides critical insights into infrastructure governance from different angles-policy making, Urban and rural aspects, technology, connectivity, capacity building and participation. Some of the most distinguished scholars and practitioners have contributed to this volume that encapsulates the key issues in mainstreaming poverty alleviation strategies in infrastructure programmes. Some important questions it seeks to answer are : How can we ensure infrastructure access and affordability for the poor? What are the implications for development planning and decision-making processes? What are the financing options? The book also contains a number of best practice case studies to reflect community participation, Innovation and commitment, all vital ingredients to the process of building from the bottom.
The book will serve as a useful reference and planning tool for administrators, planners, policymakers and researchers of development economics.
I. Policy :
1. The Power of Identity/Nandan Nilekani
2. Planning for Future Cities/M. Ramachandran
3. PURA and Urbanisation of India/P.V. Indiresan
4. On Strategies for Disinvestment and Privatisation/Vijay Kelkar
II. Infrastructure :
5. Driving Infrastructural Development through Public-Private Partnerships/Hari Sankaran
6. Market-based Financing of Urban Infrastructure in India/Chetan Vaidya and Hitesh Vaidya
7. Genesis of the Problem of Infrastructure Financing and its Resolution/S.S. Tarapore
8. Fiscal Decentralisation and Financial Sustainability for Urban Infrastructure/K.K. Pandey
III. GOVERNANCE AND SERVICE DELIVERY :
9. The KDMC and MCGM Success Stories : Efficient Citizen Services Delivery Systems using e-Governance/Sameer Kochhar and Gursharan Dhanjal
10. e-Village, Global Village : Gujarat Shows the Way/Sameer Kochhar and Gursharan Dhanjal
IV. Poverty ALLEVIATION :
11. Programmes for the Urban Poor/N.C. Saxena
12. Demographic Dividend or Debt?/Nitin Desai
13. Working towards an Urban India/Bibek Debroy
14. Expanding the Umbrella : Financial Inclusion for the Urban Poor/Naveen Surya
by Margaret Alston,Wend...
By Margaret Alston,Wend...
by Aditya Dubey
By Aditya Dubey
by Vinod Kumar Rawat
By Vinod Kumar Rawat
by Mathew Abraham
By Mathew Abraham
by Basuki Nath Chaudhar...
By Basuki Nath Chaudhar...
by Devi Sridhar (Ed.)
By Devi Sridhar (Ed.)
by Imtiaz Ahmad (Ed.)
By Imtiaz Ahmad (Ed.)
by Neela Mukherjee (Aut...
By Neela Mukherjee (Aut...
by Abhijit DasGupta, Ma...
By Abhijit DasGupta, Ma...
by William Henricks Wis...
By William Henricks Wis...
by Sonaleeka Kaul
By Sonaleeka Kaul
by Achin Vanaik & Rajee...
By Achin Vanaik & Rajee...
Don't have an account? REGISTER NOW
Please enter your Email Address to retrieve password
© 2008-2019 BookVistas.com - All rights reserved | Designed by K.K.Soft