Refer a Friend |
Item succesfully added to cart
by P. Surjith Kumar & N. Panchanatham (Eds)
Publisher: Global Vision Publishing House
Price (INR):Rs 950.00
Price (USD): $ 23.75
Many businesses understand the need for good HR management. After all, hiring, keeping and managing employees are mission critical activity that affects a business's ability to succeed. However, a gap often exists between understanding the importance of HR management and the ability to effectively manage different HR issues. This book is an excellent resource for business owners and managers who are facing this gap. Trends in HRD, challenges in HRD, intellectual property rights, contracts, company policies, issues related to pay and work hours, benefits, employee absenteeism, performance evaluation and dealing with employee problems are critically examined. This book is an excellent resource that is designed to help employers hire and manage their employees. One of the most useful aspects of this book is that each section is based on permissible HR issues. From the hiring process onward, each section includes information on guidelines, helping employers manage their employees legally.
About the Contributors (vii)
Modern Trends in HRD
1. Emerging Trends in HRD 3
2. Recent Trends in HR Practice 23
3. Empowerment – The ‘Mantra’ of Modern HR Practice 37
Challenges in Human Resource Development
4. High Erosion Rate in Industry - A Big Challenge
for HRD Department 47
5. Resource Development: Trends, Opportunities
and Challenges 61
6. HR Challenges and Innovative
Practices of IT Companies in India 83
Vinitha. B and M. Dhanabhakyam
Culture and Creativity in Human Resource
7. Building a Culture of Creativity and Practice of Innovation 93
Sharda Gangwar and K .V. Padmaja
8. Complexities of Culture – Growing Concern for
HR Practices 103
Sarita R. Karangutkar and Pradip Ghorpade
Study in Human Resource Development
9. Comparative Study of Human Resource Practices
in Public and Private Sector Banks 115
10. A Study on Employee Motivation in
Selected Commercial Banks 131
M. Kavitha and M. Dhanabhakyam
11. An Empirical Study on the Impact of Different
Dimensions of Emotions and its Relevance of Inclusion
in HRD Practice in the Modern Retail Scenario 145
12. A Study of HRD Practices in Restaurants in India 169
Strategy in Human Resource Development
13. HR Outsourcing: A New Strategy for Managing People 179
Rajesh C. Jampala , P. Adi Lakshmi and
Srinivasa Rao Dokku
14. Talent Management- A Strategic Contrivance for
Employee Development 197
Jaya Yadav and Abha Chhabra
15. An Approach to Organisation Performance Improvement through Knowledge Worker Retention by HRD 215
K. Vimaladevi and M. Dhanabhakyam
Leadership and Planning HRD Practices
16. Succession Planning - Ready, Willing but Not Able:
A Global Perspective 233
N.P. Prabhakar and Ch. Gowthami
17. An Evaluation of HRD Practices in Private Sector
Sugar Mills in India 245
V. Anitha and M. Dhanabhakyam
18. Era of Leadership in Modern Knowledge Economy 259
19. Recognising and Rewarding Talent: Best Practices
from some Manufacturing Companies in India 265
Neharika Vohra, Nisha Nair, T.V. Rao
and Atul Srivastava
by M.C. Shukla,S. C. Gu...
By M.C. Shukla,S. C. Gu...
by Clyde Bedell
By Clyde Bedell
by Reji Ismail
By Reji Ismail
by Simon Timms,James Ch...
By Simon Timms,James Ch...
by Dhruba Charan Dash
By Dhruba Charan Dash
by Marco Russo,Alberto ...
By Marco Russo,Alberto ...
by Ranjit Singh
By Ranjit Singh
by Shubhra Mangal,S.K. ...
By Shubhra Mangal,S.K. ...
by E.H. McGrath,S.J.
By E.H. McGrath,S.J.
by Seth Allcorn
By Seth Allcorn
by Patria de Lancer Jul...
By Patria de Lancer Jul...
by Amitai Etzioni
By Amitai Etzioni
Don't have an account? REGISTER NOW
Please enter your Email Address to retrieve password
© 2008-2019 BookVistas.com - All rights reserved | Designed by K.K.Soft