Refer a Friend |
Item succesfully added to cart
by Subhash R. Joshi
Publisher: B.R. Publishing Corporation
Price (INR):Rs 895.00
Price (USD): $ 22.38
"Children, Youth and Electronic Media : Prospects and Portents" is a timely book on the impact that the Dominant and Emerging media of today's era have on children and youth. The kind of impressions that the electronic media leaves on children and youth, has certainly made it an area of major concern of parents, teachers and society at large.
The electronic media, no doubts, has brought about revolutionary changes by opening new opportunities and making information/education available to us at our finger tips. But at the same time, it has also raised several upsetting issues created by its misuse
The book addresses these issues faced by all of us : The consumers of the media, media planners, content generators and point to the possible maxim for proper /beneficial use of the electronic media with special emphasis on its use for by Children and youth : The future of every country.
The authors of this book are a mix of experience and youth, drawn from different disciplines. This combination brings forth an amalgamation of novel and contemporary perspective on the issues
This book is highly recommended for all stakeholders, be they parents, teachers, media practitioners, social scientists, decision makers, the academia or the common person.
In Children's Own Words
I. PROLOGUE :
1. Children, Youth and ICTs : The Indian Scenario/R. Subhash Joshi
II. THE 'DOMINANT MEDIA :
2. Impact of Fictional and Factual Television Violence on Children/I. Anil Aram
3. The Making of Science Programmes for Children : A Case Study-Aisa Hi Hota Hai/Swarna Deshpande
4. Idiot Box or Clever Box : Children-Television Education/Subha Das Mollick
5. Threat to Young Minds? : A Programme Maker's Reflections/Kamlesh Udasi
6. Radio : A Medium for Empowering Youth and Children/B. Phalachandra and Sonjib Mukharjee
7. Bollywood Masala-What Mainstream Cinema Offers Youth and Children/Madhavi Purohit
III. THE 'EMERGING MEDIA' :
8. Internet and Pornography/Susan Sridhar
9. Navigating Uncharted Territories : Children, Youth and Internet/Niti Desai-Chopra & Manisha Pathak-Shelat
10. Impact of Student Internet World-2004 on School Children : A Study on Mangalore Taluk/Waheeda Sultana, H.L. Shashirekha and V.R. Nanjangud
11. Children and Internet : Education, Effects and Safety/Haripriya Modugula
12. Mobile Phones in the Lives of the Young People : Sample Survey of Users in Mumbai/K. Mira Desai
13. Multimedia Messaging Service or Miscellaneous Misuse of Service/Gayatri Ayyangar
IV. TARGET AUDIENCES AND POLICY IMPLICATIONS :
14. New Media and the Girl Child: Critical Issues and Challenges/Kiran Prasad
15. Youth have the Media Advantage/Madhavi Joshi, Sanjay Joshi & Gopal Kumar Jain
16. Empowering Pester Power : Media Education in Time of Need/Radha Misra
17. Handle Technology before IT Handles You/Ra Joshi
by K. Vishnu Datta
By K. Vishnu Datta
by Urmila Devi
By Urmila Devi
by K.B. Dutta
By K.B. Dutta
by Arun Bhatia
By Arun Bhatia
by Einar Thorsen & Stua...
By Einar Thorsen & Stua...
by Melissa Barker
By Melissa Barker
by Robin Jeffrey
By Robin Jeffrey
by T. Gopinath, Sindhu ...
By T. Gopinath, Sindhu ...
Don't have an account? REGISTER NOW
Please enter your Email Address to retrieve password
© 2008-2019 BookVistas.com - All rights reserved | Designed by K.K.Soft