Refer a Friend |
Item succesfully added to cart
by Neena Khanna & Sushruta Kathuria (Eds)
Publisher: Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.
Price (INR):Rs 1295.00
Price (USD): $ 32.38
The profile of sexually transmitted diseases has changed dramatically from the time, the first edition of the atlas was brought out by Professor LK Bhutani as an add-on to his immensely popular Colour Atlas of Sexually Transmitted Diseases. Several batches of postgraduate students were initiated into the field of ‘venereology’ by the colorful (in the era of black and white) book.
With the advent of HIV pandemic, sexually transmitted infections (STIs) have gained a new academic lease of life and have also changed their profile. The atlas is a pictorial journey of STIs from the past (rare photographs of tertiary syphilis) to the present (protean cutaneous manifestations of HIV). Though keeping the tradition of ‘LKBism’ (inimitable crisp style), an effort has been made to make the atlas more than just a visual treat, by incorporating diagnostic techniques (with several pictures clicked at the bench) and treatment. To make the atlas comprehensive, a section has been added on anatomy of genital tract and syndromic management.
• It is a colorful depiction of sexually transmitted infections (visual diseases) including more than 400 clinical photographs (some rarest of rare, e.g. congenital syphilis, gummatous syphilis) which are adequately sized to facilitate visualization of detail
• Complements the photographs by descriptive text which is crisp, brief and simple
• Maintains the uniform style of all chapters to make it reader friendly
• Discusses the recent advances in laboratory diagnosis comprehensively
• Includes the innumerable photographs taken at the lab-bench
• Tabulates the latest recommendations of World Health Organization (WHO), Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and National AIDS Control Organisation (NACO) to make them simple and comparable
• Emphasizes forgotten treatment issues (like partner management, management in pregnant women), making the atlas a must-have for the dermatologists, venereologists, gynecologists, and urologists
• Helpful for physicians treating retrovirus positive patients and for the peripheral worker, there are a plethora of images to assist in diagnosis and syndromic flow charts to streamline the management.
Don't have an account? REGISTER NOW
Please enter your Email Address to retrieve password
© 2008-2019 BookVistas.com - All rights reserved | Designed by K.K.Soft